thrift-user mailing list archives

From "Stavenger, Timothy J" <Timothy.Staven...@pnnl.gov>
Subject Linking to THttpClient on RedHat 6.7
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 20:33:17 GMT
We've been using Thrift successfully to make calls from a Java application into a C++ application.
We began making callbacks from C++ to Java using THttpClient, but have run into linking errors.

I assume this is a problem either with my call to g++ to link or in my Thrift install. Since
linking had worked up until the point of using THttpClient, I'm guessing it is a problem with
the Thrift install?

We're using RedHat 6.7 - I followed the instructions on https://thrift.apache.org/docs/install/centos
to get Thrift 0.9.1 installed. I can run Thrift form the command line and the install had
worked for linking our server application until we started using the THttpClient class.

I've done what I would expect is to be the usual things - ldconfig to reload/rebuild its cache,
verify the thrift library is available in /usr/local/lib, verify /usr/local/lib is on LD_LIBRARY_PATH
and DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH as well as the proper -Lthrift g++ parameters.

The same code and cmake build compiles & links successfully on a Fedora 22 development
VM where we were able to install Thrift 0.9.1 via yum.

Do any of you have other pointers for what might be going wrong?

Here's a snippet of the build error:

undefined reference to `apache::thrift::transport::THttpClient::THttpClient(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char,
std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, int, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char,
std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >)'

I'm suspicious of the "cxx11" references and wonder if my manual install of Thrift didn't
use -std=c++11 or if it should have? Though I would have expected issues like that before
now, if that were the case.

Thanks!
Tim