thrift-user mailing list archives

From Tenghuan He <tenghua...@gmail.com>
Subject JMeter load test Thrift using multi threads got TTransportException: Cannot write to null outputStream
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2016 18:01:35 GMT
Hi all,

I am using JMeter to load test my Thrift server.
TThreadPoolServer was used

In JMeter when I set the number of threads to more than 2000 (where each
thread will create an client with its own TSocket and TProtocol) and the
ramp up time in 1 second. After a while the client got the following error

org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: Cannot write to null
outputStre
am
        at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TIOStreamTransport.write(TIOStreamTranspo
rt.java:142)
        at
org.apache.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.writeI32(TBinaryProtocol.j
ava:178)
        at
org.apache.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.writeMessageBegin(TBinaryP
rotocol.java:106)
        at org.apache.thrift.TServiceClient.sendBase(TServiceClient.java:70)
        at org.apache.thrift.TServiceClient.sendBase(TServiceClient.java:62)
        at
com.corp.tsdb.common.rpc.RPCQueryProcessor$Client.send_getDataPoint(R
PCQueryProcessor.java:130)
        at
com.corp.tsdb.common.rpc.RPCQueryProcessor$Client.getDataPoint(RPCQue
ryProcessor.java:123)
        at
com.corp.tsdb.common.rpc.RPCQueryProcessorClient.getDataPoint(RPCQuer
yProcessorClient.java:62)
        at
com.corp.tsdb.common.rpc.loadtest.ThriftSampler.runTest(ThriftSampler
.java:45)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.java.sampler.JavaSampler.sample(JavaSample
r.java:191)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.process_sampler(JMeterThread.j
ava:434)
        at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:261)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Could anyone help me?
Thanks

Tenghuan