thrift-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Nelson <jtnels...@gmail.com>
Subject Is there a way to get actual primitive types when generating JSON?
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2016 12:12:34 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Thrift 0.9.3. I've got a service definition file and I'm
generating a JSON representation of the metadata using

$ thrift -out <directory> -gen json

It works great, by generating a .json file in the directory that outlines
the structure. The only problem is that, for primitive types (i64, i32,
string, etc), the JSON always describes the typeId as "binary".

Is there any way to have it actually output the primitive type thats
declared in the thrift file instead of just binary?

Thanks,
Jeff