thrift-user mailing list archives

From BCG <bgo...@hushmail.com>
Subject Re: C# Client and Chunked Transfer?!
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2016 02:07:08 GMT

On 06/03/2016 11:02 AM, Christian Schmitt wrote:
> Hello, I’m playing around with thrift and http on a custom server
> implementation, while I got some manual stuff already running against
> the default client, i.e. generated stuff by the thrift command:
>
> while the first will work even on chunked transfer encoding, the later
> will fail sometimes with a TimeoutException, is this the current
> behavior or is Chunked Transfer over HTTP just not supported?

You might try using TFramedTransport on both server and client so that
the server can know when it has received a complete message. Essentially
what that will do if I am not mistaken is send a 4-byte header at the
beginning of your message to specify the length.  I suspect that will
work for you even over chunked encoding

Ben