thrift-user mailing list archives

From pulsarpie...@posteo.net (P. Paolini)
Subject Apache Thrift building error
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2016 10:32:37 GMT
Hi all,

I was looking for a good RPC library for a piece of software which will
be probably written in C++, I was keen in trying to use the Apache
Thrift for its modularity since the other components of the project
will be probably written  in another language.

Nevertheless I am failing right at the beginning since I can't use the
C++ tutorial since the project does not compile on my machine, a 16.06
Ubuntu.

./configure --without-nodejs --without-ruby --without-erlang
 --without-java --without-python

/usr/include/c++/5/ostream:628:5: note:   conversion of argument 1 would
be ill-formed:
CppServer.cpp:61:35: error: cannot bind ‘std::basic_ostream<char>’
lvalue to ‘std::basic_ostream<char>&&’
     cout << "calculate(" << logid << ", " << work << ")" <<
endl;

This problem happens to me with both the tarball or the cloned git
repository, am I doing anything dramatically wrong ?

Cheers,
P.