thrift-user mailing list archives

From jeff saremi <jeffsar...@hotmail.com>
Subject Compile issues with the Thrift compiler on Windows
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2017 20:57:51 GMT
Following these instructions: https://thrift.apache.org/docs/install/windows

Running Windows 10. Have downloaded Gnu-win32 versions of bison and flex. I'm opening the
compiler solution in VS2015. Here are some issues I encountered:

1. bison and flex post-build commands both fail due to the space between "-o" and the value
coming after that. I fixed that and got stopped at the next error:

2. d:\repos\thrift\compiler\cpp\src\thrift\generate\t_generator.h(28): fatal error C1083:
Cannot open include file: 'thrift/version.h': No such file or directory

It looks like i have a version.h.in file in that folder but there is no pre/post script to
convert that to version.h

thanks

Jeff