thrift-user mailing list archives

From "bevis.peters@baesystems.com" <bevis.pet...@baesystems.com>
Subject thrift C++ server timeout client connections
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2017 09:05:20 GMT
I am using apache thrift 0.9.3 in C++ with a TThreadPoolServer with a 15 thread limit.

I am running into a problem whereby a remote client may connect to my server, and so use up
a thread, but then never disconnect. That connection thread on the server then remains "in
use" forever. If this happens 15 times, my server blocks up.

Is there any way to tell the server to disconnect a client after a set time? This seems to
be such an obvious problem, I feel there must be a solution which I've missed.

Bevis

Please consider the environment before printing this email. This message should be regarded
as confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and destroy
it immediately. Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard copy
by an authorised signatory. The contents of this email may relate to dealings with other companies
under the control of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Limited, details of which can be found
at http://www.baesystems.com/Businesses/index.htm.