thrift-user mailing list archives

From Łukasz Margiela <xax...@gmail.com>
Subject Modify service client's help
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2017 09:23:27 GMT
Hello,

I'm new to Thrift API, so pardon me for not using the right vocabulary. And
I'm using Golang.

When I generate my API with

thrift -out some_path -r --gen go thrift.conf

in some_path I can see directory my_service-remote, which is our client.
It's great, but I'd like to  categorize functions, in order to make it more
readable.

What's the best approach to do it? Before, there were go:generate
annotations, which replaced name of Usage function, and injected our own
version of this function. But it has a one, big flaw: we had to update this
function manually every time we modified thrift.conf, so it was error-prone.

Thanks,
Łukasz Margiela