thrift-user mailing list archives

From Joe Buck <...@cerebrodata.com>
Subject Transport exception message not visible on the client
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2017 22:08:58 GMT
I have a c++ server that is throwing an exception in the transport layer
(separate issue) but the message contained in that exception is not visible
on the client side (written in Java) in either the message or cause field.
Should I expect that to work? I see how exceptions are propagated for
errors in a given thrift service, but I wasn't sure if there were different
expectations for exceptions originating deeper in the stack.

Best,
-Joe

ps. this is using thrift 0.9.2