thrift-user mailing list archives

From Chet Murthy <murthy.c...@gmail.com>
Subject "thrift-nicejson": A nicer JSON format for Thrift (now with protocol stack support) release 0.001
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2017 22:14:26 GMT
[second announcement, b/c now full JSON protocol-stack support works in
C++/Python/Ocaml.]

Folks, I've been working on a "JSON protoco" for Thrift, and it's at a
point where I think it's usable by somebody besides me (and hence, could
use feedback).

In a nutshell, it adds "idiomatic JSON" support for both RPCs and
de/serialization, in C++, Python, and Ocaml (I'd be happy to add support
for other languages, if there were interest).  So (of course) it's
straightforward to modify a Thrift client/server to use JSON (over TCP or
HTTP) instead of one of the existing wire-formats.  And if it's over HTTP,
you can invoke thrift services using a command-line POST tool.

You can find it at

       https://github.com/chetmurthy/thrift-nicejson

And of course, if you use it, I'll be happy to help in any way.  It's
released under the Apache 2.0 license.

Cheers,
--chet--