thrift-user mailing list archives

From Chet Murthy <murthy.c...@gmail.com>
Subject "thrift-nicejson": A nicer JSON format for Thrift
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2017 07:34:56 GMT
Folks, I've been working on a "JSON serializer" for Thrift data, and it's
at a point where I think it's usable by somebody besides me (and hence,
could use feedback).

You can find it at

       https://github.com/chetmurthy/thrift-nicejson

And of course, if you use it, I'll be happy to help in any way.  It's
released under the Apache 2.0 license.

The build is fully autotool-ized, and hence should "just work" on
Linux/UNIX.  But again, maybe not, and I'd be happy to help figure out
"what went wrong".

The current library provides JSON de/serializers for C++ and Python, and
I'm working on Ocaml.  If there were interest in specific languages, I
could certainly do those next.

Also, the one thing this does *not* do, is provide a full JSON "protocol"
that can be used in the RPC stack. It *only* provides de/serializers that
can be used from normal code, that is, the convert a Thrift message
(struct) to/from a JSON object.

I'd like to figure out how to provide a full JSON protocol, but that seems
quite difficult at the moment.  I'd be happy to discuss with others how to
make that happen, of course.

Cheers,
--chet--