thrift-user mailing list archives

From Chet Murthy <murthy.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with building dotnetcore on ubuntu xenial
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2017 21:42:15 GMT
Allen,

I'm assuming you're running on "master" (or maybe 0.11.0) ?  I've been
running on Ubuntu Xenial, and recently started using the docker image to
run the Travis CI scripts, without problems.  To wit, I can follow the
instructions in
https://github.com/apache/thrift/blob/master/build/docker/README.md with
the slight amendment that where they say

% dockerrun ubuntu-xenial

II have to use the explicit hash (or UID? no idear ...) of the image, and
do:

% docker run -v $(pwd):/thrift/src -it 1f55bb722f2f /bin/bash

But inside the docker image, I'm able to run autotools.sh, and
cross-test.sh without problems, and everything works.

Does this match your experience?  I'm asking to figure out if it's
something about your environment (hard to believe, since you're using
docker, but gotta check, right?) or the commands you're running inside that
docker image.

--chet--