thrift-user mailing list archives

From Chet Murthy <murthy.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with building dotnetcore on ubuntu xenial
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2017 00:48:58 GMT
Allen, just wanted to note that I reverified everything (running in Docker):

(1) ran in docker ubuntu-xenial:

% dockerrun 1f55bb722f2f

[don't know why I have to do this, but it seems kosher, see just below]

chet@twitter:~/Hack/thrift-0.10.0/src/forks/thrift$ docker images
REPOSITORY            TAG                 IMAGE ID            CREATED
       SIZE
thrift                latest              e49f3d151760        12 days ago
       4.77GB
thrift/thrift-build   ubuntu-xenial       1f55bb722f2f        2 weeks ago
       4.77GB
hello-world           latest              f2a91732366c        3 weeks ago
       1.85kB
buildpack-deps        xenial-scm          7ad8ecbb4e32        3 weeks ago
       263MB

So as you can see, I -am- running ubuntu-xenial.

(2) did both autotools.sh and cross-test.sh, and got no errors.
Specifically, cross-test.sh ended with

No unexpected failures.

So ... uh .... could you verify that this works for you also?  BTW, I'm
using the
branch THRIFT-4421-golang-tests-rely-on-gomock-causing-tests-to-fail

If you look at it, you'll see that it merely fixes up some Golang test
failures.  Without it, the Travis CI scripts fail.  But not in rust or
dotnet.

Cheers, and hope this helps,
--chet--