thrift-user mailing list archives

From Gianni Ambrosio <gianni.ambro...@vi-grade.com>
Subject Debugging a cpp application with Visual Studio the PC hangs
Date Mon, 07 May 2018 15:26:23 GMT
Dear All,
I'm experiencing a strange problem with thrift 0.11. I have a thrift
server on cpp side and a thrift client on c# side. The client sends some
informations (a couple of floating point) to the server at the screen
refresh rate (so 60 times per second in my case). It works correctly but
when I attach the Visual Studio debugger to the cpp application (without
any breack point, just attaching the debugger) the PC becomes
progressively very slow in few seconds.
Putting the client code that calls thrift in a thread does not solve the
problem.
Is there a reason for that? Is there a solution?

Best regards,
Gianni