thrift-user mailing list archives

From Jens Geyer <jensge...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Python client vs C# client json/binary different.. a lot of extra comma!! (confused)
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2019 23:58:02 GMT
> ok so maybe I should be asking where is the extra "1":{"rec": coming from.
> Based on my auth_args.thrift I don't see why it should be generated.

That is all fine. request and responses are implicitly wrapped into a
struct, that's where the "rec" comes from. It's not in the IDL, it is added
implicitly by Thrift and yes, we need that.

Why py does "not work" (still not clear what it means) - no idea. But the
JSON that comes out of C#/netcore/netstd is certainly wrong. I just stepped
through the code and the commas seem indeed missing, if I did not overlook
anything.