thrift-user mailing list archives

From Paolo Elefante <paolo.elefa...@gmail.com>
Subject TSSLException: "SSL_CTX_new: SSL error # 336236785"
Date Wed, 15 May 2019 10:22:10 GMT
Hi Thrift folks,
during the instantiation of TSSLSocketFactory, I get an exception from the
apache::thrift::transport::SSLContext constructor as consequence of null
ctx_ pointer.

The problem generates from the *SSL_CTX_new* failure.
In SSLContext contructor, after "ctx_ = SSL_CTX_new(TLSv1_2_method());",
ctx_ is NULL and an exception is raised with reason: "SSL_CTX_new: SSL
error # 336236785".

Did someone face the same problem before?

The first time I observed this problem was when I added OpenSSL's SHA256*
functions/structures at beginning of my code to generate an hash.

Note that I initialize OpenSSL library when my multi threaded process
starts by invoking:
apache::thrift::transport::TSSLSocketFactory::setManualOpenSSLInitialization(true);
apache::thrift::transport::initializeOpenSSL();

Any idea?

Thanks!

BR, Paolo