tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Welcome to Apache Tika!
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2007 07:08:55 GMT
Hi,

> Welcome to the Apache Tika project! The Tika mailing lists are now up
> and running and I'll follow up with other news as infrastructure gets
> set up and Rida gets his committer account.

As you can see from the Jira notifications, an issue tracker for Tika
is now available at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA. I've
configured all the initial committers as the tika-developers group and
Bertrand and Doug as additional committers for the project in Jira so
everyone should have broad access to manage the project.

To get started I set up two broad components, "documentation" and
"general", and a single version "0.1-incubator" for the project. We
should probably come up with a reasonable set of components as the
Tika design starts to form up. The version number is also very initial
and can even be removed if so wished, but I would suggest that we
target for a relatively early "preview" release once all the relevant
seed codebases have been imported and integrated into a relatively
coherent whole.

BR,

Jukka Zitting