tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject First Tika report
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 13:19:39 GMT
Hi,

I'm preparing the first Incubator status report for the Tika project.
We're basically all set, with just Rida's committer account request
still being processed. Any comments?

<report>
Tika is a toolkit for detecting and extracting metadata and structured
text content from various documents using existing parser libraries.
Tika entered incubation on March 22nd, 2007.

The Tika project has just started. The basic infrastructure (mailing
lists, subversion, issue tracker, web site) is mostly in place; the
only thing still missing is one committer account. We expect to get
started with the actual design and code work during the next few
weeks.
</report>

BR,

Jukka Zitting