tika-dev mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Java version in Tika
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:05:23 GMT
Hi Chris,

the issue is not the project itself, e.g., Jackrabbit, but the applications
that build on it.  There are many products out in commercial land that are
still tied to Java 1.4.  Once you start prereqing Java 1.5, those products
will no longer be able to use your component.  So the lower down in the food
chain you are, the more you need to cater for backwards versions of Java
(at least if you're interested in being used by commercial products).

--Thilo