tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general discussion, moved from TIKA-7]
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 08:44:51 GMT
Hi,

On 6/14/07, Chris Mattmann <chris.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
> Code committed to the trunk should be reasonably high quality, and should
> conform to standard interfaces and exchange standard data structures that we
> come up with. It shouldn't be a hodgepodge holding area where code gets
> dumped, thrown away, dumped back, etc.

Would it work for you if we started a separate sandbox where people
can put their prototype code up for review? That way we could keep the
trunk "clean" and only move code there when we have a good consensus
on the design.

At least I find it much easier to work on stuff that I can actually
checkout, build, and track changes on. Also, even though we don't yet
have the final interfaces and overall architecture in place, once the
code is in svn we can start parallel efforts in for example comparing
different parser libraries, setting up test suites, etc.

BR,

Jukka Zitting