tika-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Mattmann <chris.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Tika Changelog
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 04:21:07 GMT
Hi Guys,

 I've created a Tika changelog, CHANGES.txt, within the TIKA trunk that we
can use to track changes, akin to Nutch. Typically, when a committer commits
a patch (in Nutch) that closes out a tracked issue (i.e., with JIRA), then
we add a comment into CHANGES.txt, akin to the following (where "n" is a
number incremented from 1, for each release):

n+1. <issue key within JIRA> - <issue name within JIRA> (<committer
name>|<contributor name> via <committer name>)

(of course, without the "<" and ">" and "...." above). So, an example would
be TIKA-5. When I commit TIKA-5, I will add an entry to CHANGES.txt akin to:

1. TIKA-5 - Port Metadata Framework from Nutch (mattmann)

 Sound good?

Thanks!

Cheers,
  Chris