tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [general discussion, moved from TIKA-7]
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 06:32:44 GMT
On 6/14/07, Chris Mattmann <chris.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> ...Code committed to the trunk should be reasonably high quality, and should
> conform to standard interfaces and exchange standard data structures that we
> come up with. It shouldn't be a hodgepodge holding area where code gets
> dumped, thrown away, dumped back,....

I tend to disagree...or maybe I agree if by "trunk" you mean an area
for production-level code only, that will be passed on to the world.

If that's the case, then we also need a "sandbox" to play with, where
code can indeed be dumped for others to see, play with, tear apart,
and steal ideas from. If you ask me, a "sandbox" subdirectory would be
just fine for this, if we want to make it very clear what to expect in
there.

But I'm with Jukka in that we need code in there rather sooner than
later to move forward and to base our design discussions on concrete
stuff.

-Bertrand