tika-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Support for writing meta information?
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 07:09:18 GMT
Currently the tika proposal is about extracting meta information from
documents. Now, obviously when dealing with documents this is half the
work. Updating/changing meta data of documents is the other half.

When it comes to an implementation, you might already have more than
half of the code when you're able to extract meta data.

I think it makes sense to extend the scope of Tika to include
writing/changing documents as well. We could make this feature optional
though.

WDYT?

Carsten