tika-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Support for document libraries
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 07:18:33 GMT
Afaik there is currently no central place at Apache where
libraries/frameworks for handling of specific document formats are
developed. We have single projects like poi of course.

If you are searching for java libraries which support a specific format,
like some image formats, you'll find many libraries of varying quality
and it's really hard (if not impossible) to choose a correct one.

I'm wondering if something could be done about it by starting a project
at Apache which supports various file formats (like images, mp3 etc.) -
perhaps by incubating some existing stuff.

Although Tika is more the framework for plugin in such stuff, it perhaps
makes sense to try to start something like that as sub projects of Tika?

WDYT?

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler