tika-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Aperture
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 11:06:58 GMT
Yes, they have some of the things that are planned for Tika (OSGi,
many extractors based on PDFBox, POI, etc.) plus they have crawlers
for things like Mail sources, etc.  The license is Academic Free
license or something like that.
Some Lucener's are using it, and I have started playing with it
instead of going the Nutch porting route.  I think it will meet my
needs, but I would still prefer an ASF version.  The authors are
pretty responsive, so you may consider talking to them about synergies.

-Grant