tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using tika
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 20:00:30 GMT
Hi,

On 8/20/07, Vish D. <vishpool@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just downloaded tika source and got it to build using maven2. But, I am
> stuck trying to figure out how to use it, without jumping into the code. Are
> there any docs on how to go about using it from command line? Any help would
> be appreciated!
>
> Also, I just joined the mailing list, and not sure how active the project
> is. Can someone fill me in on it? Any roadmaps?

We're still just getting started with the codebase so nothing is cast
in stone yet...

The current state of the code is mostly based on the Lius codebase as
contributed by Rida. See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-7
for more information and some code samples that should help you get
started.

BR,

Jukka Zitting