tika-dev mailing list archives

From kbennett <kbenn...@bbsinc.biz>
Subject Jira / Subversion / Patch / Commit Questions
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:44:45 GMT

Hi,

I've submitted a patch for TIKA-10 (by attaching the patch file to the Jira
issue).  Does someone update the Jira issue when the patch is applied, or do
I just check the repository periodically?

There are a few more patches I'd like to contribute that have already been
approved in concept.  How does this work, regarding the sequence of the
patches?  I realize that it is possible to submit multiple patches if none
of them modify the same file(s).  If they do modify the same file(s),
though, am I correct to assume that I must wait for a pending patch to be
applied, and then update my local working copy, before creating the patch
file for the next issue?

Regarding TIKA-11, "Consolidate test classes into a src/test/java directory
tree.", where the fix consists of moving a couple of files and changing the
pom file, would it be easier for the committer to do the svn move
him/herself rather than my sending a patch to do that?  In this case I would
add a comment with the svn move information and also upload a patch for the
pom file.

Thanks,
Keith