tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request Committer Status or Other Direction
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 23:09:18 GMT
Hi,

On 9/12/07, kbennett <kbennett@bbsinc.biz> wrote:
> My situation is that I need to get this code working as soon as possible. I
> have already successfully gotten PDF files to parse by making changes that
> have not yet been committed (or even proposed).

Please do propose the changes!

> I'd like to ask if you would be willing to grant me committer rights, at
> least temporarily.  There's been no activity for a while, so even if I
> screwed up (which I doubt I would), you could revert to the earlier version
> and it would not be a serious problem.  I expect that I could make most or
> all of the changes I would need to make the library functional by the end of
> this week, and maybe even sooner.

This is not really how we work. It would be better if you first
summarized the changes you'd like so we could discuss and better
understand the path you are taking. If it looks good, we'd most
certainly be happy to incorporate any patches you send.

And if you keep up the current level of activity, I don't think it
will take too long for us to grant you committer status. But please
note that committership in an Apache project is not just about write
access to the code, it's also about the ability to communicate and
work together.

BR,

Jukka Zitting