tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tika pipelines (was: Tika discussions in Amsterdam)
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:00:10 GMT
Hi,

On 9/25/07, kbennett <kbennett@bbsinc.biz> wrote:
> Jukka Zitting wrote:
> > We could support multiple passes over a single input stream with the
> > mark/reset feature.
>
> Since mark/reset is not guaranteed to be supported on all InputStreams, I
> guess the user would be responsible to call it only on supported stream
> types?

For such a "multiple pass" feature I'd wrap the incoming stream into a
buffering stream decorator that keeps consumed bytes in a buffer
(either in memory or on disk) and allows resets back to the beginning
of the stream.

But we're still not too close to such features, so for now I'm just
painting pictures on the sky... :-)

BR,

Jukka Zitting