tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: I Would Like to Participate in Tika Development
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 05:38:03 GMT
Hi Keith,

On 9/8/07, Keith R. Bennett <kbennett@bbsinc.biz> wrote:
> ...I would love to contribute the fruits of my efforts to your project,
> if (as I hope and expect) you find them useful....

Good patches are always appreciated!

We don't have written guidelines for contribution yet, but basically
contributions are accepted as patches against the current SVN code,
attached to JIRA issues.

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-7 for an example of a
patch (although it's a much larger patch than what people would
usually contribute).

The code is at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tika/trunk -
for now I'm afraid you'll have to play with it to figure out what's
working or not. And keep in mind that we still haven't figured out
exactly which interfaces we'll use, Jukka recently made some proposals
that we seem to agree on, but I don't think they've been translated in
code yet.

Hope this helps, and feel free to ask further questions here.
-Bertrand