tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using URL's for Input Resource Specifiers: How can I help?
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 14:46:03 GMT
Hi Keith,

> ...A few days ago I posted a patch that would have enabled the use of URL's as
> input specifiers in Tika (see TIKA-17).  However, given the code changes
> since then, I expect that applying the patch would now fail....

I reviewed your patch and it looks ok to me, with just minor comments
(see JIRA).

I haven't committed it because Chris has assigned the issue to
himself. I don't know if he's working on it, but IMHO we could commit
it as is.

> ...Tika is
> an extremely useful product, and it can be functional momentarily without a
> great deal of change....

Agreed, as long as we don't release it, there are no promises about
API stability or whatever, so having more usable code is certainly a
good thing.

-Bertrand