tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Moved] was: (TIKA-6) Port Nutch (or better) MimeType detection system into Tika
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 15:27:02 GMT
Hi Chris,

On 9/20/07, Chris Mattmann <chris.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
> ...I propose
> that we remove the file freedesktop.org.xml, and then rename the DTD file
> from freedesktop.org.dtd to mime.types.dtd. That way, we remove the
> freedesktop.org specific stuff, and we're simply using the data model for
> how to structure the mime database...

If that's how Nutch did it I guess it is ok, but I'd like to have the
opinion of others. I seem to remember recent ASF discussions about a
similar case, I'll see if I can find them.

>... One last thing about having he conversation on the "list". Are
you referring
> to the dev list? If so, then I think it's ok to have conversations via JIRA
> issues IMO because all JIRA communication gets copied to tika-dev, so others
> are made aware of the conversation as well...

Totally agreed for discussions that are specific to the JIRA issue in
question, but when they start being more general, I think it's good to
move discussions to the dev list. Just to make sure people don't
overlook them because they're not interested in that particular issue.

Like now, we're having two unrelated discussions in this thread, the
subject doesn't have much to do with at least one of them, and it's
all my fault ;-)

-Bertrnad