tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Providing a Default Tika Configuration
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 05:27:13 GMT
On 9/25/07, kbennett <kbennett@bbsinc.biz> wrote:

> On further thought, a static method returning the default configuration might
> be better than a no-arg constructor....

Sounds good to me.

I'm not sure about doubling the number of methods which use configs
though, having to use config==null to get the default sounds
reasonable. But that's not terribly important, if you find places
where an additional method is useful I have no problem with that.

+        if (defaultConfig == null) {
+            URL url = new URL(DEFAULT_CONFIG_URL);
+            defaultConfig = new TikaConfig(url);

I'd just make this synchronized(TikaConfig.class).

-Bertrand