tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject PDFBox in ApacheCon
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2007 23:24:09 GMT
Hi Ben,

[Cc'ing the Tika development mailing list and Jeremias Maerki]

I saw your note on www.pdfbox.org mentioning that you're coming to
ApacheCon US and would like to discuss the future of PDFBox. I
understand you've already been talking with the FOP people, and would
be interested in perhaps bringing PDFBox to the Apache Incubator.

The incubating Apache Tika (see [1] and [2]) project would be very
interested in such developments, as we're using PDFBox as a dependency
and will in future quite likely end up with various feature requests
and other wishes (hopefully also patches :-) for PDFBox.

I will also be attending ApacheCon US, and would very much like to
catch up with you there.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/tika/
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/TikaProposal

BR,