tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Tika v0.1 thoughts
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2007 23:56:45 GMT
Hi,

I don't think we'll have the 0.1 release out for ApacheCon (it's
probably even procedurally too late already), but it would still be
nice to target for a release in a relatively near future. I think
we're already at a point where quite a few people would find a frozen
snapshot of Tika useful (even if the API still isn't stable).

There are a number of API and implementation improvements I have in
mind (I'll try to offload them to Jira), but generally I'm reasonably
happy with the current state. The main thing I'm worried about is
packaging (and documentation, but that's not so important yet).

Are we happy with releasing Tika just as a jar file with a related POM
to be published in the Maven repository, or should we come up with
some packaging that perhaps bundles also all the dependencies? I'd be
fine with just a jar artifact unless we want to make Tika runnable
just by itself (either as a webapp or a CLI application).

BR,

Jukka Zitting