tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Becomming a contributor/commiter
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 17:57:41 GMT
On Nov 27, 2007 6:04 PM, Keith R. Bennett <kbennett@bbsinc.biz> wrote:

> ...At some point during this process, you should post a new issue on the Jira
> issue tracker (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA).  Be as specific
> as possible....

Which includes creating small, focused patches whenever possible.
Those are much easier to evaluate and handle than "big bang" patches.

Also, including automated tests, and documentation when appropriate
(not that Tika has lots of that ATM) with your patches will make it
much easier for us to evaluate and trust your patches - so that will
increase their chances of being accepted and applied quickly.

> ...I use "svn diff" on the command line, and call it from the root of
> the source tree....

I also use the svn command-line for all "serious" operations. IDEs
have nice diffs and history displays, but it's too easy, IMHO, to
overlook something when using them for svn operations.

-Bertrand