tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Release Candidate] 0.1-incubating
Date Mon, 24 Dec 2007 13:41:56 GMT
I can't see any issues with the release candidate but it would be nice
for windoze users to include "zip" distro - also wouldn't it be nice
for users to also release binary distros and not just the source
distro?

Couple of other minor points:

1) CHANGES.txt says "Unreleased changes (0.1-dev)" rather than
indicating the 0.1-Incubating release
2) Usual convention I've seen on other projects is to use "tags" for
releases and "branches" for alternative development branches:
    http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/tika/branches/
3) The IPMC will probably ask to see a RAT report - the site build
includes one (and it looks fine) - so might be a good idea to either
stage the site built from that tag or just produce a text one manually
- I have produced a text one from the 0.1-incubating source distro
here if that makes life easier:
    http://people.apache.org/~niallp/Tika-0.1/

Niall