tika-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Chris Mattmann <chris.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Tika 0.1 update
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2007 16:20:08 GMT
Hi Jukka,

No update on the release because I never heard back from a consensus on
whether or not I should go forward with it? :)

I've got plenty of spare cycles over the next few weeks myself, as I'm on
winter break, so I'm very happy to make the release. Should I start on it
now, or do we need to call a vote for it first?

We also never really came to agreement on how the release should be made?
I'm +1 for releasing a src *.tar.gz and a bin *.tar.gz (that has the tika
jar in it, w/o dependencies) as an aggregated single *.tar.gz, with the
LICENSE.txt, CHANGES.txt, README.txt and NOTICE.txt files included. Is
everyone else OK with it? Does everyone else need to be OK? :), or can I
simply move on as the release manager on this without getting a consensus?

My proposal:

Release format: single *.tar.gz
Release name:   tika-0.1.tar.gz
                Contents: ./tika-src-0.1.tar.gz
Release Manager for 0.1: Chris
Release Manager for 0.2: Jukka

Is this acceptable? If so, I will start on the release today.



On 12/21/07 1:41 AM, "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Chris, any update on the Tika 0.1 release? I don't think we have any
> blockers open, and the six issues currently tagged for 0.1-incubator
> could IMHO well be postponed to future releases.
> If you like, I could take on managing the release as I'll have some
> spare cycles (between pushing for Jackrabbit 1.4 :-) next week.
> BR,
> Jukka Zitting

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Cognizant Development Engineer
Early Detection Research Network Project
Jet Propulsion Laboratory            Pasadena, CA
Office: 171-266B                     Mailstop:  171-246

Disclaimer:  The opinions presented within are my own and do not reflect
those of either NASA, JPL, or the California Institute of Technology.

View raw message