tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Planning Tika 0.2
Date Sun, 25 May 2008 13:50:33 GMT
Hi,

Tika has already come a long way since the 0.1 release, and I'd like
to push for the next release, 0.2. Any special wishes of the features
to include?

My goals for the release would be finishing TIKA-115 (making a
runnable jar instead of using startup scripts), upgrading our parser
dependencies (especially POI), and closing some of the reported bugs.

It would be nice to get the media type registry and configuration
changes that I've been working on finished, but that's IMO not a
requirement before 1.0. A nice extra feature would be some light
integration with Lucene Java. Also, I've been thinking about
potentially splitting Tika into component libraries like tika-core,
tika-parsers, tika-lucene, etc. to better manage external dependencies
and to make it more attractive for parser libraries to directly
implement the Parser interface.

BR,

Jukka Zitting