tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Paolo Mottadelli" <paolo....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Tika on the Fast Feather Track
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:27:01 GMT
Hi,

> I just noticed (thanks to Grant's promo message) that Paolo Mottadelli
> is already doing a full session [1] on Tika, so an extra FFT talk
> might not be needed.
> [1] http://us.apachecon.com/c/acus2008/sessions/12

I have been working with Tika since last spring, using Tika for
building the Open XML support in Alfresco ECM. I used Tika as a user,
more than a Tika developer; anyway, I am really proud to present Tika
at ApacheConUS.

I am completing a first version of the Office Open XML format Tika
Parser, and I am looking forward to contribute it to the project. At
the moment some *** POI(3.5-beta3)_dependencies -> maven *** related
issues (and no time to solve them) are making me waiting.

As I have not been involved in the development process, it would be
great if someone could review the Tika part of my presentation.
I also listed some Open Points that would be great to 'close'.

I have created an Jira issue on this, attaching thta part of my presentation:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-167

Thank you very much for your so valuable contribution.

Cheers,

--
Paolo Mottadelli: http://www.paolomottadelli.com