tika-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bastian <stephane_bast...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggestion to return XML sax events instead of XHTML sax events
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:19:14 GMT
Hi Jukka,

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Let me give you more details about how I'm using Tika then:

I've been using
String title = metadata.get(Metadata.TITLE);
and String artist = metadata.get(Metadata.AUTHOR);

to get the title and author of the MP3 file. However, I also need to
know other information such as year, album and such which are not
available in the medata. I then looked around and realized the
contentHandler contained everything I needed. Unfortunately, there
wasn't any reliable way to get the data (year, album) out of the handler
(remember that all data are inside a P tag).

So maybe the real solution to the problem is to put the year, album and
such in the metadata, which make perfect since they all are metadata
about the song.
Would you agree with this?
If yes let me know so I can make the modification and submit a patch

All the best,

Stephane Bastian