tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Dave Meikle" <loo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release TIKA 0.2 based on RC1
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 20:06:08 GMT
Hi Jukka,

2008/11/20 Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 11:19 PM, Dave Meikle <loompa@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Please find the artifacts for voting on under the following location:
> > http://people.apache.org/~dmeikle/tika-0.2-rc1/<http://people.apache.org/%7Edmeikle/tika-0.2-rc1/>
>
> Good stuff! This is your first Apache release? I couldn't tell.

Thanks, I think it is done to some good guidance ;-)

> Just one issue before I vote +1, your sha1 checksum seems to be wrong.
> I get 92ac4592e1c65fddb5e9c64169e596bcb29502a8. The MD5 sum and the
> PGP signature both match.

Yes, on reviewing my steps it is because I missed the 1 from sha1 in my
command so it was just a sha hash. I have updated this now.

> PS. It would be nice to get your key included in the Apache web of
> trust. Are there any Apache people living near to you?

No one that I know, however there are three other people in Scotland shown
on the ASF Committer Map [1] a couple of hours drive away. Could try and
arrange to meet up with them.

Cheers,
Dave

[1] http://people.apache.org/map.html