tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TIKA 0.2 Release
Date Sun, 16 Nov 2008 23:59:25 GMT
Hi,

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 11:22 PM, Dave Meikle <loompa@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/11/16 Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>
>> However, I don't see what 0.2 -specific changes there are that would
>> then need to be merged back to the trunk. The web site is a live
>> publication that should always be updated in the trunk.
>
> What I was thinking about was the changes to the website to reflect the 0.2
> download URLs. We won't want them "live", when the release candidate is
> being voted on, and potentially a cycle of candidates taking place.

Agreed. However, you could simply just update the download page in
trunk once the release had been approved and pushed to the download
mirrors. You can prepare those changes in a branch already in advance
if you like, though personally I've never seen the need for that as
the related changes are pretty trivial.

BR,

Jukka Zitting