tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tika 0.2 Release Plan
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2008 00:09:32 GMT
Hi,

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008, Dave Meikle <loompa@gmail.com> wrote:
>    - Based on Jukka's review of PDFBox for compliance with Apache policies
>    (see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-366) I was planning
>    to remove the standalone version for the release

That's probably the best approach for now.

>    - I am planning to add binary releases for this release

Good. I guess the jar artifact generated by the Maven build would be
good enough as a released binary, or did you plan to do a more
extensive -bin packaging?

It would be nice to have the release deployed also to the central
Maven repository. Are you familiar with the way
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/ works?

>    - Update the formats page of the website to update some of the missing
>    details.

Excellent, thanks! No need to aim for perfection though, we can always
keep refining the documentation after the release.

> I meant to add that I notice that there is now once outstanding JIRA Issue
> TIKA-168 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-168). Looking at this I
> agree with Grant that it would be better placed as a Lucene contrib, as such
> I was looking to change the fix version to allow the release to progress and
> further discussion to take place.

Yeah, let's postpone TIKA-168 to after 0.2.

BR,

Jukka Zitting