tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Tika committers and PMC interaction (Was: Moving the web site)
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2008 01:04:36 GMT
Hi,

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Niall Pemberton
<niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since getting my commit access to Tika, I don't believe I've ever used
> it - so probably best to remove me.

Done. I've marked you as emeritus and dropped you from the
svn-authorization list for Tika. Thanks for your contributions
earlier! Just ping us if you ever feel like scratching some other itch
with Tika.

I also removed Bertrand and Doug from the list, as their tasks as
incubation mentors have ended now that we've graduated. Big thanks to
both! Feel free to stick around though. :-)

Also my dual mentor/committer role is at an end. From now on I'm just
a normal committer.

This leaves us with the following Tika committers:

    Rida Benjelloun
    Keith Bennett
    Mark Harwood
    Chris A. Mattmann
    Dave Meikle
    Sami Siren
    Jukka Zitting

As we complete the transition from the Incubator to Lucene the
ultimate control over the committership and releases in Tika moves to
the Lucene PMC.

Mark and Sami are members of the PMC and a few other members are also
on this list, so the interaction with the PMC should be easy. However,
in practice: How does a Lucene subproject interact with the PMC in
matters like board reports, committership changes, and release votes?

BR,

Jukka Zitting