tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Towards 0.3 (and 1.0)
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 00:53:32 GMT
Hi,

While we wait for the 0.2 vote to finish, I upgraded the trunk version
to 0.3-SNAPSHOT and added a 0.3 target version in Jira. My personal
favorites for the 0.3 release are TIKA-175 and TIKA-158.

As I was in a forward-looking mood, I also added the version 1.0 in
Jira. Before 1.0 I'd like us to gather more input from early users and
integrations. I think it would also be good to spend some effort
improving the metadata and configuration mechanisms before 1.0. There
may even be some issues (like TIKA-125 and TIKA-153) that require
changes to the Parser interface.

As a general rule I'd like us adopting a strict binary backwards
compatibility policy for the future 1.x release cycle. During 0.x I
think we'll definitely need to make some backwards-incompatible
changes and it would be good if we managed user expectations
accordingly.

BR,

Jukka Zitting