tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Metadata Namespaces
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 01:18:27 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 4:12 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
> That sounds reasonable, except I'm weary of RDF and all the underpinnings
> required, but if we are just using the URI stuff than maybe it won't be so
> bad.  One of things I really like about Tika is it is lightweight.

Agreed. In Tika I'd only use the namespace URIs as plain strings with
no extra machinery around them.

Another alternative that I like is forget the idea of explicit
namespaces and simply use URIs as the metadata keys. This would be
perfectly in line with Dublin Core and would work reasonably well also
with RDF clients. As an added benefit we could adopt this approach by
simply modifying a few constants.

BR,

Jukka Zitting