tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extensible content type detection
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2009 20:57:11 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 9:45 PM, Niall Pemberton
<niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> What about using a (read-only?) ByteBuffer[1] rather than InputStream
> to avoid the issue of implementations doing things with the
> InputStream that they shouldn't?

I'd like to avoid having the Detector API fix the specific number of
prefix bytes that are available for content type detection. This is
why I prefer using InputStream as the argument. It's simple enough to
wrap a stream into a proxy that prevents an unknown detector from
doing anything else than read from the stream.

BR,

Jukka Zitting