tika-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Lothian <nloth...@educationau.edu.au>
Subject RE: Reading metadata without downloading entire file
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 22:04:13 GMT
Well that would explain it then!

Has anyone had any experience with using http-range requests for the metadata? How many bytes
from the end does the metadata start?

Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Koren [mailto:jonathan@soe.ucsc.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, 18 February 2009 5:30 PM
To: tika-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Reading metadata without downloading entire file

You're closing the stream before the metadata arrives.

Tika supports ID3v1 which is at the end of the file, not the beginning.

--
Jonathan Koren
jonathan@soe.ucsc.edu

IMPORTANT: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain private or confidential information.
If you think you may not be the intended recipient, or if you have received this e-mail in
error, please contact the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail. If you
are not the intended recipient, you must not reproduce any part of this e-mail or disclose
its contents to any other party. This email represents the views of the individual sender,
which do not necessarily reflect those of Education.au except where the sender expressly states
otherwise. It is your responsibility to scan this email and any files transmitted with it
for viruses or any other defects. education.au limited will not be liable for any loss, damage
or consequence caused directly or indirectly by this email.