tika-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Packages in the tika-core / tika-parsers
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 08:33:04 GMT
Karl Heinz Marbaise schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> may be i oversight things, but i'm a little bit confused cause
> i found a class
>
> CompositeParser in tika-core (org.apache.tika.parser) and
> CompositeParser in tika-parsers (org.apache.tika.parser) ?
>
> and this situation for many other classes as well...
>
> AutoDetectParser, DelegatingParser, EmptyParser, ErrorParser,
> ExternalParser, Parser, ParserDecorator, ParserPostProcessor,
> ParsingReader....

what exactly are you looking at? The jars of the source?

Within the source (SVN revision 801237) this is not the case.

Maybe when jars were created it duplicated the class files (which I
would assume is a bug of the build proces), but this is just a wild guess

> If i understand correct i have to use both of the above modules
> (tika-core and tika-parser) as dependencies for using Tika in my
> project ?

AFAIK tika-core contains the API and tika-parser contains the various
implementation

Cheers

Michael